This Personal Information Collection Statement (“PICS”) applies to any information provided or collected in the course of property management by Kerry Property Management Services Limited (referred to in this PICS as “Kerry Property”, “we” or “us”) for or in relation to the purposes set out in this PICS.
We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of any personal information that we collect from you or that you provide to us. We are equally committed to ensuring that all our employees and any third party service provider who may be engaged by us also respects your privacy. Under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap 486 of the laws of Hong Kong) (“PDPO”), we have certain legal obligations regarding the collection and use of personal data.
By providing us with your information (e.g. through submitting the relevant application forms and documents to the Management Office or Clubhouse, lodging any inquiries or complaints with our property management staff, providing information for visitors’ registration, or visiting and/or logging into the property estate website or app that is managed by us (“Website/App”), etc (as the case may be)), you are agreeing with and accepting the terms of our PICS. If you do not agree with or accept the terms of our PICS, please do not submit your personal information to us.
B. What Kind Of Information Is Collected?
We receive and collect two basic types of information from you, namely, “personal data” and “non-personal data”.
“Personal data” is any information that relates to you and can individually identify you, including your name, email address, contact telephone number, and home address.
You may choose not to provide your personal information to us. However, in general, the personal information which we request from you is necessary for the relevant purposes listed in Section C below. As such, it is mandatory for you to provide your personal data for such purposes. Otherwise, we cannot properly provide our services to you for the relevant purposes.
“Non-personal data” includes aggregate and/or automatic information/data collected about the use of the Website/App and information about the device accessing the Website/App. Such non-personal data do not individually identify you and any particular visitor of the Website/App. We only collect and use these non-personal data for customizing, enhancing, maintaining, improving and optimizing the quality of the Website/App. The PICS in no way restricts or limits our collection and use of such non-personal data.
C. What Are Our Purposes For Collecting And Using Your Personal Data?
We may collect, use and store your personal data for the below purposes, including:
- Process and verify your applications and/or bookings for our various property management services and/or facilities provided/managed by the Management Office and/or Clubhouse, including but not limited to the following:-
- Applications for property access smartcards and carpark access permits;
- Applications for residents’ accounts on the Website/App;
- Provision of emergency contacts for residents;
- Subscriptions to value-added services to residents as may be offered from time to time by the Management Office, the Clubhouse, and/or through the Website/App;
- Applications and/or bookings for events, interest classes, activities and/or functions organized by the Management Office and/or the Clubhouse from time to time;
- Applications and/or bookings for clubhouse facilities;
- Matters for and in relation to the owners’ corporation;
- Any other matters otherwise for and in relation to our management of the property estate in question;
and to generate, compile, maintain, manage and update our databases and records regarding the above, and to provide usage and/or statistics reports on the same;
- Register and verify the identity of any persons entering the property for safety and security reasons, and maintain records of the same;
- Facilitate our performance in our various property management services and/or value-added services set out in the above clauses;
- Register, verify, facilitate your log-in access of, or otherwise manage your resident account on the Website/App;
- Enable and facilitate our communications, including, e.g., inquiries, requests for assistance, or other forms of correspondence from you; communications from us in relation to our property management services from time to time, such as to follow-up with you on your applications, bookings, inquiries, etc submitted, update you on your resident account and our revised policies or terms, etc;
- Use for internal management or administrative purposes of Kerry Property, the Management Office and Clubhouse in relation to their provision of the relevant services and/or matters set out above;
- Detect, investigate and/or prevent activities in the Website/App that may violate our policies or may be illegal.
We will not be using your Personal Data for any other purposes which are not set out above unless we have obtained your express voluntary consent to do so.
D. Direct Marketing
We will not use any personal data collected for our use or provision to any other third party for use in direct marketing without obtaining your prior consent in accordance with the relevant requirements of the PDPO.
We also do not and have no intention of placing third party advertisements (whether in the form of an advertisement banner or hyperlink or otherwise) in the Website/App.
Cookies are small computer text files that are sent from a website to the browser of your device (e.g. computer, smart-phone, tablet, as the case may be) and are stored on your device. Cookies do not recognize you personally and are not harmful to your device. Generally, cookies are used by websites that you visit and browse to improve your browsing experience on those websites and to provide the website operator with non-personal data/analytical information to help improve the users’ website browsing experience and the quality of the relevant website.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. You can manage and adjust your cookies setting by changing the browser setting for your device. You may choose not to accept cookies from the Website/App by changing such cookies setting. However, if you choose to disable cookies on your device, you may find that some features and functionality of the Website/App may not work properly.
F. Who We May Disclose Your Personal Data To?
We will not disclose, provide and transfer any Personal Data collected to any third parties, except under any of the following situations:-
- To third party service provider(s) engaged by us to provide services for or in relation to the Website/App, to process data on our behalf, to provide information technology support to us, and/or to conduct maintenance of our servers, data banks and databases, including but not limited to IT contractor(s), website analytic service provider(s), data processor(s), and service provider(s) for database management systems;
- To third party service provider(s), coach(es), trainer(s), and organizer(s) of events, interest classes, activities and functions organized by the Management Office and /or the Clubhouse to facilitate their organization and arrangement for the relevant event, interest classes, activities and functions;
- To purchaser(s)/assignee(s) as part of a re-organization, merger, transfer or sale of our business; and
- Comply with or as permitted by any applicable laws or regulations, court order or lawful request from any government authority.
We will not be using, disclosing, providing and/or transferring your Personal Data to third parties for any other purposes not set out above unless we have obtained your express voluntary consent to do so.
G. How Do We Protect Your Data?
We are committed to protecting the Personal Data that we collect from you. We and the third party service provider(s) referred to in Section F above have implemented appropriate safeguards and precautions to protect the server(s) that store Personal Data as well as to protect the security, integrity, accuracy, privacy and completeness of the Personal Data collected from unauthorized or accidental access, processing, erasure, loss or use. However, whilst we would try our best to protect your Personal Data once we receive it, no data transmission over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
You should take adequate care to safeguard the security and confidentiality of your account and password for the Website/App. We shall not be held liable for any claims, loss or damage resulting from any unauthorized use or access of your account and/ or in relation to any activity which occur under your account on the Website/App.
H. Links To Other Websites
When you are browsing on the Website/App and when you click on the hyperlinks to the other companies, government departments, etc listed in the information provided in the Website/App and be directed to those websites that are not controlled or managed by us, this PICS does not apply to those other websites and those other websites may send their own cookies and/or other tracking technologies to your device and may also independently collect or solicit personal data from you. If you visit those other websites, you should consult their privacy policies before providing your personal data on those other websites, and we shall not be liable in relation to your activities on those other websites.
I. Your Rights To Request Access To And Correction Of Personal Data
You have the right to request access to and/or correction of your personal data held by us. If you wish to request access to and/or correction of your personal data or if you have any enquiries regarding this PICS, please contact us by email to our Personal Data Privacy Officer in writing to the following address and marking “Attention: Personal Data Access / Correction / Enquiries” on your correspondence:-
Kerry Property Management Services Limited
Address: 25/F, Kerry Centre, 683 King’s Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong
Fax: (852) 2967-2944
J. Revision And Interpretation Of This PICS
We reserve the right to change the terms of our PICS at any time. The latest version of our PICS will be posted on the Website/App and will also be available in hardcopy at the Management Office. Your continued visit and/or logging into the Website or the App (as the case may be) or provision of your personal information to us following the posting of the changes to the terms of our PICS means you agree with and accept our changes and the latest version of our PICS.
If there is any inconsistency or ambiguity between the English version and the Chinese version of the PICS, the English version shall prevail.
Last revision on 26/10/2017